Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 36: Friend or Foe?

Tomorrow is my first maintenance appointment. What can I expect? A new wire? That bending, pushing, pulling, pressing feeling again? I've been told no adjustment will be as severe as that of the first couple of weeks. But given that it was only this weekend that the last of my teeth gave up their insistence on inflicting pain, I'll wait and see how things turn out.

If they do remove the existing wires (and I hope they do), unless they've strapped me down to my chair I will be over to the mirror and out with the floss in a nanosecond. Those bottom choppers in the 1-2 range haven't been flossed in weeks.

The last holdout of pain included what I think is the no. 4 molar on the top right. That sucker just insisted on making my life miserable. I finally figured out that I better just lay off certain foods, no matter how much I like them. So no hard pretzels this week. Carrots that don't look like they've been through a paper shredder? No thanks. Hard rolls? I'll pass. That means I've left the table hungry a couple of times in the past several days. But look at the bright side: I'm getting down to my training weight. Maybe braces are the secret ingredient I needed to unleash my six pack?


No comments:

Post a Comment